LET’S GET STARTED
- 1 Tips To Increase SEO Traffic To Your Blog
- 1.1 Create The Best Content You Possibly Can
- 1.2 Use Keyword Research To Get Good Topics For Blogs
- 1.3 Use Proper Headlines To Get More Clicks
- 1.4 Create An Appealing Website Design
- 1.5 Focus On Creating Long-Form Content For Your Blog
- 1.6 Make An Editorial Calendar And Blog Consistently
- 1.7 Accompany Your Blog With Great Images
- 1.8 Optimize Your Blog Posts For Search Engines
- 1.9 Answer Questions On Q&A Websites
- 1.10 Optimize The Speed Of Your Website
- 2 Conclusion
According to Hubspot, marketers who prioritize blogging are 13 times more likely to see a positive return on investment.
Well, blogging is an essential part of your business, which is why you should have it.
However, a blog’s success is determined by several factors. You may face numerous challenges as a result of this.
If you are just getting started, you must first be patient before moving on to other things. The question that arises here is, how can you increase organic traffic to your blog?
That is the million-dollar question! You can spend hours trying different strategies, but nothing ever seems to work out in the end.
Don’t be worried!
I am here to assist you in increasing the number of visitors to your blog by providing all of the best tips, tricks, strategies, and more that will make it easier for you to attract targeted traffic from Search Engines such as Google, Yahoo, or Bing.
In this guide, I’ve shared detailed tips and tricks for increasing blog traffic through various methods, most notably SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
Tips To Increase SEO Traffic To Your Blog
To get your website, blog or business to the next level, you must increase your SEO traffic, which is, trust me, not very difficult.
You just need to follow the tips given below:
Create The Best Content You Possibly Can
The first step is to create the best content you can for your audience. And to create the best content for your audience, you need to learn about your intended audience.
Depending on the niche, each business has a different audience. For example, your target audience for a fitness blog would-be fitness enthusiasts and those looking to improve their health or lose weight.
Board bloggers, for example, may have a broader audience than online marketers. The same is true for any other type of business that can benefit from blogging in the long run, such as restaurants and marketing firms.
There is no one-size-fits-all formula here, but blogs should typically be created for the most specific audience possible.
You Can Ask Yourself The Following Questions:
- What is your intended audience?
- What problems do they have that you can help them solve?
- What kind of content do they want?
- How would they ideally seek answers to their questions?
- To learn more about them, learn about their age, interests, geographical location, and other details.
Or, the best thing is, you can create a buyer persona for your business and find out what problems they want to solve and what kinds of blog they want to read. Then, you can create content according to their point of view.
See, this is what a buyer persona looks like.
Check out the blog below to learn how to create a buyer persona.
Read More: How to Create a Buyer Persona- To Better Understand Your Customers
Use Keyword Research To Get Good Topics For Blogs
One of the most important aspects of ranking your blog is keyword research. You should conduct keyword research before writing a blog post. It will assist you in determining which keywords will be more effective for your blog post.
Keywords are the phrases that users use to search for things in Search Engines. So, it is must you know all those keywords that your target audience is using as per your niche or business.
These keywords can be used in both the title and body of your post.
So, can you stuff lots of keywords in your content and rank high in the Google SERP?
Once you’ve determined the best keywords, incorporate them into the title and body of your post. You can’t get keyword ideas from free tools like Google Keyword Planner.
Aside from the target keywords, you should pay attention to keyword variations, LSI keywords, and long tail keywords. To find all relevant keywords, use keyword research tools such as SEMRush, Ahrefs- the keyword explorer, or Spyfu.
But in all these things, you must not forget long-tail keywords.
Why Are Long-Tail Keywords Important?
Short-tail keywords are also essential. For their algorithms, search engines use the “most popular” terms, which is a good way to rank higher on Google. Long-tail keywords, on the other hand, can be even more effective because they are used by more people than short-tail keywords.
Let me explain with the help of an example and a chart. The shorter the keyword, the higher the competition. Also, the intent will not be clear. The longer the keyword, the clearer the intent will be, along with the query being more specific.
Long-tail keyword phrases typically contain several words, making them simple to target with PPC advertising campaigns and less expensive when compared to other methods of ad targeting available to your company.
Read More: 11 Best Keyword Research Tools In 2022
Use Proper Headlines To Get More Clicks
When writing headlines, it is critical to make them appealing. Headlines should not only be catchy but also ensure that the content is relevant and useful to their readers. In terms of SEO (Search Engine Optimization), your headline must include your target keyword.
Some SEO specialists even argue that your headline is more important than your post itself.
Don’t limit yourself to just one headline. If you’re not getting clicks but are getting a lot of impressions, try experimenting with different headlines.
Here, I am sharing the cheatsheet to create a fine headline. The cheatsheet below would help you a lot!
Don’t be afraid to experiment with different headlines. Try sharing your post with different headlines several times to see what works best for you. Including power words and number values in your page title is one of the best practices.
Create An Appealing Website Design
A website is more than just a way to deliver content; it is also a marketing tool. You can use your website’s design to attract more visitors. You can also make your blog more appealing by using eye-catching designs and graphics.
Your website should be visually appealing and simple to use. You should have a clean, uncluttered layout with an easy-to-use navigation bar.
Images on your blog should be optimized, high-resolution and relevant to your topic. It is critical to have a site that is easy for visitors to find and access. A blog post with images, titles, and captions related to your blog post is also beneficial.
Because first impressions are everything, and it only takes 50 milliseconds to make a good one. You can use a WordPress theme and customize it to your specifications. You can also use a drag-and-drop builder, such as Beaver Builder, to quickly create a simple website.
Focus On Creating Long-Form Content For Your Blog
According to the research, ‘’long-form content” outperforms “thin” posts in search results. Size does matter! Long-form content is defined as posts with high word counts that go into great detail on a specific topic.
There Are A Few Reasons Why Long-Form Content Can Help You Rank Higher In Search Results.
- First, longer posts are naturally more keyword-rich and thus more likely to appear in search results for “long tail’ keyword searches (search queries involving combinations of several words).
- Second (and possibly more importantly), the in-depth nature of a long post is more likely to satisfy readers who come across it—it is more likely to answer your visitor’s query or solve their problem. As a result, the post is more likely to be shared on social media or linked to other websites, which has a significant impact on traffic.
Make An Editorial Calendar And Blog Consistently
An editorial calendar is a list of events and tasks that must be completed each week. It will assist you in organizing your time, planning your blog posts, and being more productive.
You can use an editorial calendar to ensure that your blog posts are always scheduled at the appropriate times. You can also control how much time you spend on your blog posts and how you get people to read them.
Check out below. This is how an editorial calendar looks like.
You must work hard to create quality content for individual blogs, which is necessary to maintain consistency with other sites daily over time. Hiring a good content writing agency is the best practice.
You can also use AI writing tools and assistants to create high-quality content as an alternative. Google Calendar, Outlook Calendar, or even a simple spreadsheet can be used.
A regular blog plan and an editorial calendar would improve your content marketing efforts and keep you ahead of the competition.
Accompany Your Blog With Great Images
Images play a great role in keeping the users engaged with your blogs. But there are other reasons as well which are mentioned below:
- For starters, it helps readers understand what you’re writing about (this is especially important if you’re delving into difficult concepts – visual aids can help simplify matters).
- Second, the main image accompanying your post will frequently appear whenever your visitors share one of your posts on social media — and if this image is dull, it is less likely to generate clickthroughs to your site.
- Third, just like text, images can be optimized to appear higher in search results. By including relevant keywords in a picture’s ‘alternative text,’ file name, and caption, you can help search engines understand what your post is about (which in turn can help your post appear more often in relevant search results).
- Finally, good images contribute to the authority of your content. If you use a beautiful piece of photography instead of a cheap-looking piece of clip art in a blog post, people who come across it are far more likely to take it seriously — or even read it in the first place.
Also, if you perfectly optimize the images for your website, it will also help you with visual searches.
Optimize Your Blog Posts For Search Engines
There are several technical steps you should take, collectively known as ‘On-page SEO,’ to give your blog posts the best chance of ranking well in search.
You must always: create blog post titles that reflect your keyword research and accurately describe what you’re writing about including keywords that reflect the content in each posts’ URL.
- make use of keyword-rich headings (H1, H2, H3, H4, etc.)
- Use keyword-rich alt text and file names for your images to break up content.
- (For more information on this topic, see our post on how to make your content visible in Google search results.)
The pyramid that I am going to show you below will help you optimize your blog post for search engine.
There are some ‘Technical SEO‘ steps you can take as well.
Google prefers content that loads quickly — a few things that can help in this regard are as follows:
- Submitting your website to Google Search Console
- Make sure that all image files are as small as possible (without being too pixelated)
- Avoiding the use of extraneous scripts on the page
- Bringing your site up to Google’s new ‘Core Web Vitals‘ speed and stability standards
It is critical to optimize your blog posts for real readers as well! It’s easy to get caught up in all the things you can do to make a search algorithm like your blog posts — and completely forget that you’re trying to impress humans!
Answer Questions On Q&A Websites
The majority of Google searches are for answers to questions. As a result, questions and answers are an excellent way to increase blog traffic. Several websites, including Quora.com, TripAdvisor, and StackExchange, have a question and answer section.
You can easily get noticed on these Q&A websites because people tend to post questions related to your blog topic or ask you a question on that website. You can create an account on any of these websites by creating a free user profile.
let me show you one of the example:
This person, Brack Nelson is the one handling Quora marketing in my company. He replies to the questions that people ask on Quora and pastes the link of the relevant blog to the question.
Now, let me show you the link to the blog post with this answer.
The best practice is to join sites with a large user base and answer questions about your blog topic or niche. You can look for topics related to your niche and become active in those areas. This will help you get your name out there and establish authority with people who share your interests.
Optimize The Speed Of Your Website
Page speed is another important SEO factor. Google considers page speed to be an important factor in ranking pages on SERPs. The more visitors you get, the faster your website loads.
So, to increase blog traffic, you must optimize your website speed. The visitor will have a better experience if the web page is optimized. There are numerous ways to improve the speed of your website.
Some tools and methods can help you improve the speed of your website.
You can, for example, use Google Page Speed Insights to test the speed of your website. You can also use some simple tips and tricks to improve the speed of your website.
Google Calculates Page Speed And Ranks Pages In Search Results Based On The Following Metrics:
- Largest Contentful Paint (LCP): The time it takes the page to display the most important content on the screen. Google employs LCP on content that does not require scrolling.
- Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS): It is the unintentional shifting of page elements while the page is still loading.
- First Input Delay (FIP): The time it takes to read and process a single HTTP request is referred to as the First Input Delay (FIP). The higher the FIP, the longer it takes the browser to render a page.
- First Contentful Paint (FCP): First Contentful Paint (FCP) is when the browser renders the first bit of content from the DOM, providing the first feedback to the user that the page is loading.
To optimize your page and increase page speed, you can use a variety of tools and tips.
You now have plenty of tactics at your disposal to begin increasing traffic to your blog, but you must select the tactics that are the best fit for your blog and will provide you with the most relevant traffic.
Make sure you have an analytics tool set up if you haven’t already. Don’t rely on stats provided by your web host; instead, set up a third-party tool such as Google Analytics.
Create the best content for users first (while keeping search engines in mind), and you’ll have traffic. You’ll have revenue if you convert that traffic into leads and customers. You could try several strategies, but focusing on one works best. So get out there and start!