LET’S GET STARTED
If you are a business owner but you don’t own real estate on the internet… believe it or not but you are missing a lot more opportunities.
This may sound harsh, but it’s reality.
If you are eager to get more customers online, and sales of your business, you first need to show up online. Right?
No worries! To help you in this, I have provided a list of relevant SEO facts, data, and statistics that would help you grow your business.
Keep reading this blog to get a deep insight into the ever-changing game of SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
So, let’s get started:
Key SEO Statistics
1. Google Currently Has 86.86% Of The Search Engine Market.
In July 2022, Big accounted for 9% of the Global search market while Google has a share of 86% and Yahoo had a market share of 2.55%.
2. According To 49% Of Marketers, Of All The Marketing Channels, Organic Search Provides The Greatest SEO ROI.
3. The Value Of The SEO Market Size Is Approximately $80 Billion.
According to some estimates, US companies spend more than $80 billion annually on SEO services. This number is significantly higher than the year 2018.
4. Search Engines Are The Starting Point Of 93% Of Internet Activities.
This is one of the most well-known facts but here we should not forget the significance of SEO.
5. Over 239 Million People In The US Are Expected To Use Search Engines.
The number of search engine users in the US in 2014 was 239 million and it is been increasing through the years by years.
6. Compared To Social Media, Search Engines Drive 300% More Traffic To Websites.
Everyone knows social media is popular globally, but search engines are more likely to get high traffic. This doesn’t mean that you should forget social media and start working on Search Engine Marketing. They both have their own significance, pros, and cons.
7. SEO Can Drive 15% Conversion
SEO works on attracting people to the website, which is of course a good tactic for Lead Generation. Also, here is the fact that SEO optimization brings you a 15% of conversion rate to your website. And if I compare this data with traditional marketing, traditional marketing could provide a conversion rate of 1.7%.
8. Every Day, Google Receives More Than 13 Billion Search Requests.
Google receives more than 13 billion search queries and this data sums in amounts to 4.75 trillion searches per year.
9. SEO May Cut The Price Of Acquiring New Customers By 87.41%.
10. SEO May Boost A Blog Visit’s Commercial Value By 429%.
SEO Trends Statistics
1. Featured Snippets Are Included In 12.3% Of Search Searches.
The featured snippet provides a quick answer to the user for their query. They give an opportunity to your website to get more and more clicks by showing the content of your page on SERP.
In case, if you don’t know what the featured snippet is, here is an image:
Here is what a featured snippet looks like.
2. The First Page Of The SERPs Is Not Even Scrolled Past By 75% Of People.
A recent SEO study found out that, 75% of users don’t even past scroll over the first page. Here is a piece of bad news for you if your pages don’t rank in the top 10 in SERP.
The reason is… people are not really going to check out the second page.
3. In 2020, Voice Searches Were Expected To Make Up 50% Of All Searches.
It was a prediction by some studies in 2020, that voice search will cover 50% of all searches because people would not like to type their query but they will just speak it out and Google will respond accordingly.
4. 70% Of Marketers Believe SEO Produces Superior Outcomes To PPC.
SEO is a long-term strategy that works on generating organic search traffic to the website. Also, it costs lower than paid advertisements. Meanwhile, paid ads like PPC are quite expensive and it only works until you pay for the ads. SEO works even after years…
It is no surprise why marketers are seeing it as a good source to produce outcomes.
5. 86.5% Of SEOs Base Their Strategies On PPC Data.
Despite the fact that SEO drives better and long-lasting results than PPC, it is better to use both strategically.
By keeping this thing in mind, 86% of SEOs have based their SEO strategies on PPC data. They use tools like Google Keyword Research Tools.
The tool provides keyword data for advertisements but many SEOs use such data to perform SEO.
6. Over 4 Words Are Used In 50% Of Search Inquiries.
Recent data from search engines and big SEO brands shows that half of the queries that people attempt are long-tailed keywords.
That simply means, you must be well aware of the user intent and then work on strategy, or else, you will miss 50% of your audience.
7. One Or More Search Results Are Accessed By 21% Of Users.
A recent study found out that, every fifth user clicks on more than one search result. Well, this may happen if they can not find what they are looking for.
That’s why users click on more results to get the desired and satisfactory answer.
Google Search Engine Statistics
1. Every Year, Google Presents 500–600 Modifications To Its Search Algorithms.
Google claims that it keeps changing its algorithm every year and that few of them really affect the websites on the rankings, clicks, and impressions.
2. The Average Word Count For Websites That Appear On Google’s First Page Is 1,447.
Well, it is a well-known SEO fact that if you wish to rank higher in SERP, you must write long content to target more and more keywords.
It is also found in a study that, a page that has 1447 words or more than that have always appeared and ranked higher.
3. Up To 20% Of Google Searches Are First Searches.
4. Google Searches Receive Zero Clicks 50% Of The Time.
We all know Google only ranks the relevant pages to the query in SERP. A recent study shows that 49.7% of Google searches get no clicks at all.
5. 92.96% Of All Internet Traffic Is Generated By Google Search, Google Images, And Google Maps.
You must not be very shocked to know that all the traffic on the Internet is taken up by Google Search, Google Images, and Google Maps.
6. 67.6% Of All Clicks Come From The Top Five Organic Results.
Of course, we know the benefits of ranking on Google SERP and we also know that top results get high rankings.
But do you know that all the top results get 67.6% of the clicks?
It is more than the two- third of the clicks that the top 5 results get.
7. Search And Email Are The Two Most Common Internet Activities.
According to a recent study, Searching and Email are the most common activities that a user does on the internet.
8. More Than 200 Criteria Are Used In Google’s Search Algorithm To Rank Web Pages.
Above I told you Google also ranks the long-form content but this doesn’t mean… Google only ranks the long-form content. There are other more than 200 criteria as well that Google uses to rank the search results in SERP.
9. The Typical Google Search Process Lasts Around A Minute.
Do you understand the reason why Google is the most preferred search engine of all time?
There are several reasons behind it… but let me explain one of the main reasons and that is fast results.
When a user searches for a query, Google can even respond in a millisecond.
The main reason why people choose Google over any other search engine.
10. 8% Of Search Requests Are Formulated As Questions And Typed Into Browsers.
Google keyword planner gave us an insight that people only use short-tailed keywords while searching for something on Google.
However, there are 8% of people use formulated and long typed questions to find answers.
You should keep this thing in mind while working on the SEO of your website.
Mobile SEO Statistics
1. 221 Million People In The Us Were Expected To Use Mobile Phones For Searches In 2020.
Do you know one in five adults only use smartphones in US? The number of mobile search users in the US increased from 133.6 million in 2014 to 196.5 million in 2017. This number increased to 215.8 million in 2019 and 221 million in 2020.
2. Mobile Devices Are Used For 61% Of Google Searches.
One search engine optimization statistic that highlights the importance of mobile optimization is this one. If your website is mobile optimized, it has a higher chance of rankings in mobile searches because the primary method of information access and communication has changed to mobile devices.
3. 51% Of Users Have Higher Faith In Mobile-Friendly Websites.
And why shouldn’t they? Consumers and users only trust SEO-optimized websites. They usually avoid websites that are not mobile-friendly.
4. Voice Search On Mobile Devices Is Used By 27% Of All Online Users Worldwide.
According to recent SEO data, you can no longer afford to ignore the voice revolution. Search habits have altered as a result of virtual assistants like Alexa, Siri, and Cortana.
5. 54% Of All Online Sales Will Be Driven By Mobile Devices.
The data above should be enough to let you know that you will lose business now and much more in the future if your website is not mobile-friendly.
6. 69% Of Smartphone Users Are More Inclined To Make A Purchase From Businesses Whose Websites Are Easy To Use Or Mobile Friendly.
Another reason why you should be investing in making your website mobile-friendly. Consumers demand quick answers to their queries, and if your brand messaging isn’t helpful and pertinent, they’ll probably go on.
7. On Mobile Devices, The Recommended Load Time Is Between One And Two Seconds.
Speed is crucial. According to the latest SEO statistics, 53% of users would leave a website if it takes longer than three seconds to load.
8. 57% Of Customers Stated That They Wouldn’t Suggest A Company With A Mobile Website That Is Badly Developed.
Of course, nobody would do that. Why would somebody recommend your brand if the website is poorly designed and navigation is also not good?
9. According To SEO Data, The Top Organic Result On Mobile Receives 27.7% Of Clicks As Opposed To 19.3% On Desktop.
If you are still wondering why you need to invest in SEO, think in this manner mobile drives a higher click-through rate than desktop, a survey conducted by Google.
10. Google Generates 95.25% Of All Mobile Search Traffic.
This is according to a recent study, 96% of all traffic on search engines comes through Mobile.
Local SEO Statistics
1. Online Shoppers Uses “Near Me” Searches In 82% Of Cases.
The new technologies have helped humans to do online shopping and local-based searches. 82% of the online shoppers have searched the “near me” term while looking for something online. And this number is high at 92% among millennials.
2. “Where To Buy” And “Near Me” Mobile Searches Have Increased By Almost 200%.
Google has found out that the searches for these two keywords, “where to buy” and “near me” has been increased by 200%.
Also, searches for two more keywords “store open near me” and “on sale + near me” has been increased by 250%.
3. If A Local Business Had A Mobile-Friendly Website, 61% Of Customers Would Get In Touch With It.
This fact is enough to let you know why having a Mobile-Friendly website is important.
4. Within 24 Hours Of Looking For A Local Company On A Mobile Device, 88% Of Customers Will Interact With It.
The Local SEO also provides the data about when a user searches for your business.
This way you can either call them and make them visit your store.
5. Almost All Customers Use The Internet To Research Nearby Businesses.
6. 56% Of Local Business Owners Claim That They Haven’t Registered For Google Business Listings.
7. Online Reviews Are Trusted More Than Personal Recommendations By 88% Of Customers.
88% of customers have claimed that they trust online reviews more than personal recommendations.
1. For 67.6% Of All Clicks, The First Five Organic Results In The Serps Are Responsible.
2. More Than 29% Of Terms With More Than 10k Monthly Searches Include Three Or More Words.
3. Four Words Or More Appear In 50% Of Search Queries.
4. Approximately 8% Of Searches Are Question-Based.
Other Important SEO Statistics
1. 53% Of Us Shoppers Claim To Use Search Engines To Investigate Items Before Making A Purchasing Decision.
2. An Seo Specialist Makes An Average Yearly Pay Of About $60.5k.
3. The Majority Of Voice Search Result Pages (70.4%) Come From Https Websites.
4. The Typical Youtube First Page Video Lasts 14 Minutes And 50 Seconds.
5. Videos Enhance Backlinks And Increase Search Traffic By 157% For Posts.
6. Google Searches For Local Businesses Or Services Account For 46% Of All Searches.
7. A New Business Or Product Was Discovered By 51% Of Smartphone Users When Conducting A Mobile Search.
8. A Daily Search Engine Is Used By 87% Of Smartphone Owners.
9. 20% Of Mobile Searches Now Use Voice Searches.
10. More Than One Search Result Is Selected By 21% Of Users.
The statistics and data given above are based on deep and proper research. You can trust the data given above.
I believe some data or stats must have shocked you…
But trust me, these stats would help you go far in your SEO journey.
If you are any doubts or queries, you can just comment down below in the comment section and I will reply for sure!